Posted • May 31, 2011 • 2 Comments
MetaCrawler Broken for Day Number 2
Both yesterday and today when I tried using metacrawler the “metasearch engine”, the results came up fine. The problem arose when I clicked on any of the results.
When I clicked on the result I wished to visit I received a “Runtime Error” message.
An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.
I noticed at around 7AM Pacific Daylight Time today metacrawler resolved this problem for a few minutes. 😳
At first I thought this might have been their tribute to Memorial Day.
At this time metacrawler is still rendering a Runtime Error. 😕